Sweet South Organics
Essential Oils - Effects On The Body & Emotions
Did you know that the most powerful sense that you have is your sense of smell? It is connected to our limbic system, which is located in the brain. EO's have a unique power to stimulate this limbic system.
Throughout our history, there is documentation of the many health and mental benefits that one can achieve utilizing EO;s. They can increase energy levels, improve your overall mental clarity, help with anxiety, depression and not to mention the physical aspects that people can benefit: relief from congestion, headaches, skin issues, arthritis, pain, inflammation/swelling, first aid treatment, detox/cleansing and countless other things.
- USDA Organic ingredients utilized - No synthetics-parabens-GMOs-sulphates-phosphates -
- The essential oils that we utilize in all of our products are 100% pure, organic, therapeutic grade and from reputable companies/manufacturers.
Essential Oils Referenced in the Bible
Essential oils and the plants that produced them are mentioned over 500 times in the Bible. In the Old Testament, they are referenced in 36 of 39 books. In the New Testament, they are referenced in 10 of the 27 books.
Essential Oils of the Bible Are As Follows:
Calamus, Cassia, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Cypress, Fir, Frankincense, Galbanum, Hyssop, Juniper, Myrrh
Myrtle, Pine, Sandalwood, Spikenard
What is Aromatherapy – (per the dictionary) Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of plant-derived, aromatic essential oils to promote physical and psychological well-being. It is sometimes used in combination with massage and other therapeutic techniques as part of a holistic treatment approach.
Brief Aromatherapy History
Additional Information / Resources
Please do your own individual research about Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. Check out some helpful links posted below with additional information.
- Resourceful Information - at the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy Website
- Here is a link to Dr. Axe Food is Medicine website describing some of the benefits of both Frankincense and Myrrh Essential Oils.
- ABC News: - 6 Scents that have the power to heal.
- Dr. Oz Essential Oil Slideshow: Essential Oils
- Dr Oz Essential Oil Video
- An article on the Fox News website written by an astounding woman named Jacqueline Banks, who is a certified holistic health counselor:
- Aroma Web - A directory of aromatherapy information and a great resource
- Herbal medicine information that includes an herb library and clinical guide from the American Botanical Council.
- Here is an Interactive electronic herb database (some info is free, but to gain full access requires a fee) - Herb Med Site
Amazing Information On Specific Essential Oils & Other Ingredients
Here is a small Essential Oil list and some of their reported health benefits as well. We have included the common name and the botanical name by which it goes by for your reference.There are so many amazing Essential Oils - we encourage and recommend you to do your own research on them too.
- First and foremost - Frankincense (Boswellia frereana) and Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) are in all of our Face and Body Products.
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) , Peppermint (Mentha Piperita), Lime (Citrus aurantifolia), Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale), Sage (Salvia officinalis), Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), Tangerine (Citrus reticulata or nobilis), Galbanum (Ferula gummosa), Anise (Pimpinella anisum), Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata var.Genuana), Vanilla (Vanilla planifolia), Spearmint (Mentha spicata), Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum-Australian/Santalum album-Indian), Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), Lemon (Citrus lmon), Lemongrass (Cymbopogon citratus), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Bergamot (Citrus x bergamia), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus radiata), Sweet Marjoram (Origanum majorana), Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis), Pink Grapefruit (Citrus x paradisi), Gernaium (Pelargonium graveolens), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- In all of our Face Boost Product line is Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)- please check out the benefits this amazing essential oil can offer your skin
- Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis)
- Cocoa Butter - Health Benefits
- Hemp Seed Oil - Benefits (Scroll down to body care products in this article insert)
- Dead Sea Salt Benefits:
- Vitamin E - Topical Skin Benefits
- Rosehip Seed Oil - Benefits
- Carrot Seed Oil - Skin Benefits
- Sesame Oil - Benefits
- Soybean Oil - Benefits
- Sunflower Oil - Benefits
- Benefits of Flaxseed Oil
- Benefits of Palm Oil
- Jojoba Oil Information
- Coconut Oil Information - Additional Coconut Oil Information
- Avocado Oil Benefits *Please check out the benefits for your skin this amazing oil can offer